Aarogya Setu App: Introduction to India’s COVID-19 Tracker
Prime Minister Narendra Modi stated that technology plays a significant role in the fight against coronavirus. Many countries have done very innovative inventions to combat with coronavirus. In that order, India has also launched its COVID-19 tracker, the Aarogya Setu app.
Aarogya Setu App launched by the Government of India is a multifunctional app. The purpose of Aarogya Setu is to track the contact history of any coronavirus positive patients. It helps the government to easily track people with whom the patient has met.
How does the Aarogya Setu app work?
When you start the Aarogya Setu app you are asked to register on the app with your mobile number. The same mobile number is also taken when you opt for a corona test at any government-approved facility. If you are tested positive for coronavirus then the government automatically acquires your travel history from the Aarogya Setu app.
To use Aarogya Setu, you must keep your phone location and Bluetooth enabled. This helps the app to collect all your location history. And all the people you have met with, who have Aarogya Setu app installed.
But the government will only take your data if you are found positive else the data is only stored on your phone and is 100% secure.
Aarogya Setu privacy issues
Many sources and hackers have claimed that the Aarogya Setu app contains some privacy issues leading to leakage of data. But the government of India has answered all the questions and allegations regarding privacy issues of the app.
And we assure you that the Aarogya Setu app is completely secure. Your data is completely safe, there are no privacy issues with the Aarogya Setu app.
Setup Aarogya Setu app
1. Download the app from the play store or Apple app store.
2. Then run the app and allow all the required permissions.
3. Register with your mobile number and enter the OTP received through the message on your phone.
4. Select gender from the given options.
5. Enter all your details asked in the app like full name, age, and profession.
6. You will be inquired about your foreign travel history for the last 30 days. If yes your data will be matched with the positive ones in the ICMR database.
7. You will be asked if you want to volunteer if needed in the future. If you answer yes a self-assessment test will run.
Features of Aarogya Setu app
The Aarogya Setu app comes with a package of features and tools that are very useful for the user and government to combat the coronavirus. The features are
- Self-Assessment– In this, you will be asked questions about your current health status. Like whether you are feeling cough, fever, or difficulty in breathing. Based on your input the app will suggest you measure to self-diagnose and if required it would ask you for a test.
- User Status– This feature tells you about your current risk of getting infected by a coronavirus. It tells you about the total people infected with coronavirus in a particular radius. You can also see the number of people using this app in your area.
The most important function of the app is that, if you come in contact with any COVID-19 positive patient in the last few days, the app will automatically turn orange. It will give you the risk warning based on your travel history. This will help you and the government to stop the further spread of coronavirus.
- COVID-19 Updates– You will get all the local and national COVID-19 updates in the app easily. These updates are authentic and issued by the government.
- E-pass Integration– If you have applied for any e-pass for movement in restricted areas. The pass will show up in the Aarogya Setu app. You can easily show this pass to anywhere required, it is completely valid.
Achievements of the Aarogya Setu app
Aarogya Setu app recorded five million downloads within three days of its launch, which is highest for any government app. And currently, it has crossed 100+ million downloads alone on the Google play store. The NITI Aayog officials told that the app has helped in identifying more than 3000 hotspots all over the country.
Is the Aarogya Setu app mandatory?
Currently, the government has not issued any guidelines regarding the compulsion to install the Aarogya Setu app for every smartphone user. But some people should mandatorily install this app.
- People working in government offices should review their status in the app before starting for office.
- People living in coronavirus containment zones have to install this app.
- The government recommended every traveler, using any forms of public transport to install this app.
We recommend you to install the Aarogya Setu app for the safety of you and your family. Also, check out our COVID-19 Suraksha kit for 100% protection from the coronavirus. Stay tuned to Dr. B. Lal Pharmacy.